- 2023 Tax Return Preparation Checklists (links below): These forms are a useful way to send us your end-of-year information or to check what you need to send us.
- 2023 Sole Trader Tax Return Preparation Checklist Use this questionnaire to send us your sole trader information. If you need a basic spreadsheet to collate your income and expenses you can download one here.
- 2023 Rental Property Checklist The perfect way to summarise and send us that end of year rental income and expense summaries and make sure you haven’t forgotten anything. Also lists the information we will need if you have bought or sold a property.
- Home Office Expenses:Home office expenses can be a very confusing part of the income tax return. This covers running expenses, occupancy expenses and when a home is considered part of a business. You can download our Home Office Hours Time Tracker FY2024.
- Minimise Your Personal Tax: Key tips to minimise your personal tax expense prior to the end of the financial year (or even throughout the year!)
- Minimise Your Business Tax: Key end of year tax considerations for small businesses.
- Is it Tax Deductible? Checklist: A comprehensive list that will answer those burning “Can I claim this?” questions!
- Understanding-your-HECS-HELP-Debt: If you don’t use the correct tax code, you can end up with a considerable tax debt at the end of the year. This explains how your HECS-HELP debt affects your income tax return.
- Mobile phone deduction tips: Key items to consider when calculating how much of your mobile phone you can claim at tax time.
- Can I claim a tax deduction for my work clothes?
- We would all like to claim our new wardrobe in our tax return but the ATO have specific rules around what is deductible and what definitely isn’t!
- Claiming a tax deduction for car expenses
- Car expenses can be a considerable deduction if you use your car for work. Follow this guide to make sure you are getting the best deduction for your motor vehicle costs.
- If you want to use our basic excel version logbook you can download a copy here.
- Self-education – What you can claim if you are studying while you are working: In certain circumstances your study costs can be deductible. Check out this link if you are considering furthering your studies!
- Gifts and Donations – be aware of what is deductible for tax purposes: Make sure you understand whether your generous donation is going to benefit you at tax time if you are relying on it as a deduction.
- Xero Portal Login (access all your previously signed tax returns prepared by us!)
- Australian Tax Office
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- ABN Lookup
- Registering for MyGovID
- Workcover Queensland
- Fair Work Australia
- Australian Government Support for Businesses in Australia
- Regional Development Australia – Moreton Bay
Tax Planning Checklist 2023 General Tax Planning Checklist for end of year planning